Monday, October 18, 2010

Confucius

I am Confucius, born in 551 BCE within Northwest China during the Chou Dynasty.  My father died when I was three so I have lived since then with my mother.  When I was younger, the Chou Dynasty was ending, so people were violent.  I came up with the idea of goodness.  I spoke of society being in harmony if the ruler is good and everybody performs their duties.  Because I said that people should let their rulers know of the leader's wrong doings, I was dismissed.  Now I spend my days as a wandering teacher.  I am sure that my message will live on in the hearts of men forever.  China will never be the same.

"Confucius." World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras.
ABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 20 Oct. 2010. <http://ancienthistory.abc-clio.com/>


No comments:

Post a Comment