Monday, October 18, 2010

Zheng He

I am an explorer who has sailed to Cochin and Africa.  While traveling I have visited 37 countries.  My fleet is unmatched by any country.  I have 62 ships which each are 400 feet long, and also 200 transport ships.  I have been sailing to promote trade and collect tribute from weaker nations.  Now during 1435 CE I am at death's door, and I am afraid that immediately after my death; the Ming Dynasty may recall my fleet.  There is talk that China shouldn't be open for other countries to visit there, and instead should focus on itself.  If the government adopts that philosophy then maybe they will burn my fleet to the ground.  If that destruction to my ships is done, we will be completely susceptible to foreign invaders...

"Zheng He." Image. Instructional Resources Corporation. World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras.
ABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 20 Oct. 2010. <http://ancienthistory.abc-clio.com/>



1 comment: