Monday, October 18, 2010

Sung Dynasty

In 960 CE, I, Zhao Kuangyin, overthrew the Tang Dynasty and started the Sung Dynasty.  Now you can call me Emperor Taizu.  My army is expanding because of new inventions such as steel tipped arrows and even gun powder.  Our advancements in iron and steel production are now being used for agriculture and also for suspended bridges.  We now have rice that grows twice as fast, meaning we can trade some with our new paper money. The Grand Canal is being built.  Thanks to me, trade is expanding.  Book printing is easier so more of my people are able to get and read books.  I say it is a golden age for China because much is being accomplished; I pray it won't come to a close.





"Song dynasty." World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras.
ABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 19 Oct. 2010. <http://ancienthistory.abc-clio.com/>

No comments:

Post a Comment